Tuesday, June 17, 2008

tiis ganda *

Maggie Feller: Shoes like these should not be locked in a closet! They should be living a life of scandal, and pasion and getting screwed in an alleyway by a billionaire while his frigid wife waits in the limo thinking that he just went back into the bar to get his cellphone. These are cute too.
Rose Feller: Please tell me you just made that up.
Maggie Feller: Look, if you're not going to wear them... don't buy them! Leave them for someone who's going to get something out of them.
Rose Feller: I get something out of them! When I feel bad I like to treat myself. Clothes never look any good... food just makes me fatter... shoes always fit.
- From the movie In her shoes (2005)

I just got bought another pair of shoes today. It's my second pair in 72 hours.

I bought the first pair Saturday night before going to the movies. They were peep-toe black patent wedges that were too cute to pass up, plus the seller gave me 15% off. That same night, I prepped my toenails with a fresh coat of red nail polish to complete the look.

DSC00579

Today's the first time I wore the peeptoes to work. I hadn't thought much of it until I reached our floor and I could not take another step without wincing. The friggin' shoes scraped my heels!!! I was close to tears by the time I reached my office. Good thing I have my trusty flipflops on standby or I would have gone off to lunch barefooted. I guess it's one of them pairs of trauma shoes again...

So there I was at lunchtime, in my office garb and sporty flipflops. I rushed to the mall with my friend to get a new pair of shoes or office-worthy sandals and some band-aids. Here's what I bought at lunchtime.

DSC00580

On hindsight, I think they're too freakishly girly they belong to the land of pink-splashed rooms with cuddly teddy bears straight from Sanrio.

They're so me.
__
tiis ganda - (Tagalog) It's when you place beauty over pain.

Related posts: feeling imeldific, shoe fetish

ETA: pictures

 Subscribe in a reader
Join My Community at MyBloglog! Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment