Monday, July 14, 2008

food incongruity

I couldn't wait much longer for my lunch buddy today so I went down to the cafeteria to grab a bite. I figured we would see each other there eventually and share a table so I planned on saving an extra seat.

The cafeteria had the usual fair of semi-edible offerings laden with garnish to fool the hungry into thinking that if it looked great then it must be delicious. It was sausage day today and I figured it would be best to go with something tried and tested.

I picked a big fat spicy Hungarian (sausage, that is) with buttered mashed potatoes and gravy. I also tried the bottled fresh buko juice in the false hopes of counter-acting the amount of cholesterol i'm about to ingest.

My supposedly lunch date and I didn't meet. Instead, a gentleman took the seat across the table and proceeded to eat his lunch. On his tray was an all-Filipino meal of fish sinigang soup, pork bopis, vegetable lumpia (hubad) and polvoron. Judging from his ID, he must be British or Australian, but definitely not Filipino.

Our tastebuds must be foreign. ;p

 Subscribe in a reader
Join My Community at MyBloglog! Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment