Thursday, August 24, 2006

i refuse to live in a bubble

last night, i went back to the clinic to get the results of my chest x-ray and complete blood count (CBC) tests. (did i get it right, nursing kids?)

OMG, chest x-ray and cbc?

yup. my hypohondriac self got the better of me when one of my neck lymph nodes started to ache and add this to the fact that i've had persistent coughs and watery eyes for about a week now. the thing is if you added this to the days when i've had the upper respiratory tract infection, i would be coughing for more than 2 weeks now-scary threshold. so there, i told bossing that i might go to the doctor to have them check my aching lymph node.

yippee! i don't have TB! nor emphysema! nor lung cancer!

actually the tests were somehow inconclusive. the x-ray says that i don't have anything extraordinary in any of my lungs. the blood tests do confirm that i have some kind of infection but not in the lungs. yep. not in the lungs.

i did confirm the doc's suspicions that i could be allergic to dust, air pollution and smoke. this meant that basically, i'm allergic to my job.

i also shared with the doc that i've had some strange allergic bouts with alcohol and chocolates, but i'm not that certain because i've yet to take allergy tests.

WTF! i'm allergic to the sweet life too?

so there. if i followed the recommendations to the dot, i might as well live in an antiseptic bubble.

to h*ll with allergies. that's what antihistamines are for.

 Subscribe in a reader
Join My Community at MyBloglog! Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment