Sunday, February 24, 2008

here, but not quite

My sister just got out of the hospital yesterday where she was confined since Tuesday to treat an infection.

Tuesday afternoon, at Polymedic hospital...
Me on cell: "Mom, we're here at Polymedic hospital. Lil sis had to be confined. Where are you?"
Mom: "I'm still at QC. I'll be heading there as soon as I'm done."
Me: "OK. We're at this room on the 4th floor. We'll wait for you then. Don't worry we're ok."
Mom: "OK, see you later."

After an hour...
Text message from mom: "D2 N KO 4TH FLOOR. SAN KAYO?" (I'm here at the 4th floor. Where are you?)

Sitting at the fourth floor lobby with no mom in sight, I tried to reply with a text message but unfortunately was out of credits.

Another text message from mom: "D2 AKO 5TH FLOOR. KANINA PA AKO D2." (I'm at the 5th floor. It's been a while since I got here."

I went up one floor to see if she really was there. Nothing.

I went downstairs to the information booth.

Me: "Sir, may I have my mom paged? I ran out of credits and I couldn't find her. Could you please ask the people at the 5th floor if there was a visitor for Ms.***? Thanks."

Sir: "Sorry we can't page her, but I can ask the 5th floor people if they've seen your mom.." A few seconds later... "No, she's not there."

So I went up to the 4th floor again and asked my sister if she received any message from mom. My sister got up the bed and said, trying hard to stifle her giggles, "Mom is at Medical City!"

When life throws you lemons, it's time to call your friends over and bring some tequila.

 Subscribe in a reader
Join My Community at MyBloglog! Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments:

Post a Comment