Friday, May 2, 2008

what's in my bag


what's in my bag
Originally uploaded by fuchsia_girl
A couple of days back, I was on my way home when my officemate stopped and asked me, "Iyan lang ang dala mo? (pointing to my 5"x8" handbag)" (translation: Is that all you're taking with you?).

"Why, yes, this is all - cellfone, wallet - what else do i need?", I replied.

I added, "I brought my gym bag with me earlier, but I don't feel like going to the gym now."

It's not unusual for women to bring all sorts of things to the office. What you find in a lady's bag are what she considers essential.

Aside from the customary cellphone, wallet, and keys, these are the things that would make me go home even if I'm halfway towards work.
1. company ID - top of the list
2. bank cards (ATM card / credit cards)
3. headphones - for tuning to the radio; zoning out
4. shades - gotta protect my 20/20 vision; also good for feigning sleep / warding off chatty seatmates
5. mascara / facepowder / eyeliner - because you don't always look like you've slept for 12 hours
6. lipcolor - especially for iron-deficient gals
7. pen - for that spur-of-the-moment ideas; autograph-signing (hehehe)

how about you? what are the top five essential things in your bag?

3 comments:

  1. cellphone
    wallet
    yosi
    susi
    rubber

    in that order. i swear, everytime i leave the house, i do that "essentials check". i call out each item and check whether it's already in the bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uhmmm... not counting cellphone, wallet and keys...

    yosi
    rubber
    lip balm
    moisturizer & cheek tint (let's count them as one na lang ha?)
    shades

    ReplyDelete
  3. @rye: waah i also do that (calling out each item before leaving the house)! no yosi nor rubber for me though. hehehe... lately, i've been carrying a bigger bag to accommodate my umbrella and the whole make up kit. clumsy me misplaced the jackie o. type sunnies. bumili na naman tuloy ako.

    ReplyDelete